Saturday, April 5, 2014

Freedom and Word Vomit – Reyhan’s pieces



Freedom and Word Vomit – Reyhan’s pieces
Freedom and Word Vomit, two whole different expressions but yet the same. At least in my case.. Let me tell you more about my works. I’m not a person who has a experimented a lot with creating art on paper. My life went by working at laptops, Ipads or mobile phones. So now don’t understand me wrong, I LOVE to work with pencils, paint, ink or things you use when you make art on paper. It sounds weird but I never had the possibility to do or maybe I wasn’t patient enough, I don’t know.



With this project we experimented a lot on paper, but also digital. I learned so much in a couple weeks; I really never imagined this I could grow that much simply by creating art. After we decided to have ‘sprouting’ as our main theme I firstly looked back to myself. How do I want to grow? After thinking a lot and doing creative methods to come to concepts with my group I noticed that I always had problems with confidence. Being confident. Especially when I need to presentate for example.

After doing workshops with the group I realised I wanted to make art where I make use of digital and traditional methods of art, think of working with Photoshop and work further with paint or ink. I looked on the Internet for artist who make art this way and had an idea very quickly. Because it was going to be about me I decided to make a picture of myself, of the right side of my face, edit this in Photoshop and paste it on a big paper. After doing a little research and talking with me tutr about being confident I decided to draw the half of a brain above my head. Because being confident starts with thinking simple, stopping with thinking about negative thoughts. I realised and experienced it that is was the only way to be confident. When you live with the thoughts ‘just go’ you will have freedom in you, freedom in your mind. In a very, very positive way. To create a positive look for my work I used bright colours like pink, yellow, bright blue and many more. So became my first work ‘FREEDOM’.

For the second work I firstly looked back to ‘FREEDOM’ where I mentioned about negative thoughts. I noticed that many designers have negative thoughts, but I am trying to get rid of them in many years and still have them in me. In a spontaneous mood I grabbed my second piece of paper and started to write all the negative thoughts, which were in me. While I was writing I felt weird, it felt like I was writing them out of me. I began to write more and more, harder and harder and felt released in every single word I wrote down. Then I grabbed a paintbrush with a little green paint and wrote down, in big letters in the middle of the list of sentences, I BELIEVE IN ME. There I felt relived. It felt like I just got rid of all the negative thoughts which were in me for a long time. That’s why I called my second piece of work WORD VOMIT. Because I vomited words and felt very good, how weird that may sound.


After making these works started to BELIEVE IN ME, with FREEDOM in myself and mind than ever before.


- Reyhan
This entry was posted in .

0 comments:

Post a Comment