Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Inspiration and Motivation




 Inspiration and Motivation:

This is a small written piece about my motivation and inspiration for the exhibition and the progress behind the scenes. I’d like to tell the viewers more about my experience and how everything was seen from my very own point of view.

Throughout the days of school we wanted to hunt after Numana’s dream; her very own exhibition of art. Of course she wouldn’t be able to perform that by her own, and without the required artistic skills our group would be nowhere. So we decided to come up with a plan, where Ruben entered the scene with workshops.
After a few workshops and giving everyone a chance to shine, we started our new journey on crafting art for the exhibition.

Of course there was the good, the bad and perhaps awful times; yet we made it. And I can say proudly that we managed to do the impossible, presenting an exhibition whilst having nothing more than just three weeks for it. I call that amazing, and it amazed me that each of us managed to provide a masterpiece or two in some cases. The styles were different and nothing had to be the same, yet everything found its place and it stuck together nicely enough. 

My inspiration to keep on going had to be the fact that I worked with friends for the first time during my schooling years, even if I wondered if that would be a nice option to go with; for I am known with my tantrums about perfection, and not everyone would be able to keep up with me if I go on this tantrum about art. Yet somewhere throughout all the trouble, I found it worthy a lot; more than likely to see that my own art improved in only a matter of time, thanks to both Numana and Ruben.


- Sanne


1 comment:

  1. Awww Susan, this is a lovely piece. Really don't thank me, thank yourself! You're the one who kept going. To be honest everyone in the project deserves a round of applause ;) but still the one who made this happen is you!

    The exhibition rocked ;D

    ReplyDelete