Saturday, April 5, 2014

Workshop Documentation in Indesign





Workshop Documentation in Indesign

Last week, the week before the deadline, I decided to give a workshop about documentation. And I don’t speak of documentation simply in Word, but I learned my project group about how you can documentate in InDesign.

I learned working with InDesign about 5 years ago, and I need to admit, I hated the program. Why? Because I was used to write letters or reports in Word and InDesign was a whole other world in that area. After experimenting a lot I saw that InDesign was more professional and easier than InDesign. After a while I had fun working with InDesign and I wanted the whole world to use it too. Maybe too much asked but well..

I gave my group a workshop of one and a half hour where I explained the basics in Indesign, like how do you write in a page, what are the shortcuts and how you make or add symbols. Because we are all designers I found that it was important to learn working with Indesign.

I started to explain my group about how you start making a document at the very start, how you can select the type of report/document (a4, a5 etc.) and how you can add pages quickly. After that I explained about adding text, pictures and symbols in a page. Of course I checked if everyone understood it good because I knew that it could be hard to understand if you are used working with Word. I also showed them an example of my CV which I made in Indesign and my group was very enthusiastic about it. After a while I showed them the A-master, the most important thing in Indesign if you want to add similar things in your pages. I also told them the A-master was ‘a shortcut’ for not copy paste all the time. At the nearby end I checked it again if I was clear enough about working with Indesign and they told me I’ve learned them a lot. Of course I couldn’t tell everything about Indesign because it took me a couple years too to understand it. But I was happy I learned my project group about the basics in Indesign. Maybe they will use it in the future to documentate, who knows!


- Reyhan




0 comments:

Post a Comment