Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tears sprouting and Blooming - Numana's pieces


Tears sprouting and Blooming
A little blog about the work I did for the art exhibition
Some of you make have known but the theme for our art exhibition was SPROUTING also to be seen as GROWTH. I made 2 pieces. ‘Tears sprouting ‘ and ‘ Blooming ‘. I will be talking about the idea behind these pieces.

Tears sprouting
Tears sprouting I made with the idea of negative growth.
The tears, to be seen as negativity is sprouting, growing.
These negative emotions are growing, making it harder for you to life, to do things you like.
It’s entangling your heart…

I’ve received a lot of different views on this drawing, because it also seems like that the growing is uncontrollable, or that the growing from the negativity is a positive reaction (kinda like crying and letting go is  good for you) and I love these views on my drawing! You can always see what you want, to me the growing is coming from negativity as in negativity grows as well, but the growing itself isn’t that bad… Sometimes you need a little bit of this to get to the positive side of things.  I’d love to hear more views on this piece! If there are any questions feel free to ask.





Blooming
Blooming is kinda a reaction to ‘ Tears sprouting ‘
This piece is more about positive growth, the growing now comes from the heart and it produces pretty things (like pretty flowers)
Doing things you like and enjoying those, just enjoying life as a whole.

The pieces on personal level
My first semester this year really SUCKED, and it felt like a really negative period but what I didn’t get at that time was that the negativity was growing… I thought it was a horizontal line but it’s actually a negative spiral going down further and further. For me it was important to show that negativity grows, and it’s just growing.  People have asked why I didn’t make the vines in the drawing more depressive and toxic, for what it was, but that’s because to me it’s still the same ‘growing’.

Now I’m trying to view things more positive and try to do things I like and just be happy.
It’s hard because you’ll always have bad times, but you also need to appreciate the good times.
Just be balanced. X)

I hope you enjoyed this and I hope you can tell me your own view about this =)

-Numana




4 comments:

  1. Great thematic pieces. Works wonderfully as a diptych. Love the way you work with watercolor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, but I smile while I'm crying so it is hard for me to relate to. Also using watercolor for a concept about crying was a cute choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff, Numama. I really like Blooming, the flowers work well with the composition. One bone I have to pick with it is it seems unbalanced. There are two large flowers and a large clump of hair on the right side of the painting, and everything on the left side is smaller and more sparse. Aside from that, the colors and design are fantastic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To reiterate what I said previously, I adore the hair and the blue shading in blooming. They help to add some dimension. Nicely done. Now hurry up and do some more. <3

    ReplyDelete